- Improved the
font-familyof this site, thanks to System Font Stack.
- Added five new entries and four new one-liners to Imbentori.
- Changed some sections on Bujo.
Let’s just say that it’s been about a year since I officially launched this personal site. Design-wise, not much has changed. The brutalist spirit remains at the forefront, and acts as a natural repellent against those who are into shiny albeit wobbly things.
We are down to the last five or six weeks of the year 2021. But where are we really now? As an individual? As a community? So many of us, including myself, still have some figuring out to do.
“VAGUE HOPE, VAGUE CONFIDENCE”
— From Diaries of Franz Kafka (1921) (all-caps stylization mine)
Here’s a stand-alone bi-weekly update (first half of Nov 2021):
- The motherboard replacement for my Thinkpad arrived. It turned out that the seller shipped the wrong one; it’s a mobo for a different model. They were kind enough, though, to send a replacement for piso! (Php 1.00)
- Had lunch-out with workmates somewhere in Quezon City. It was my first time seeing a lot of them, what they actually look like in person, and how they are in the flæsh. See, we’re always off-cam in calls in our work-from-home setups, “to save bandwidth.” To my knowledge, we’re all fully vaccinated there, so all (relatively) good.
- Work is work is burning through my hours like jet flame through lint. Supposedly, it’s because corporations are going manic on getting data on this last quarter of the year (Q4) for their forecasts and whatnot. I’d like to empower my colleagues, even in unorthodox ways, but even that is unlikely lest I burn myself on the way out.
- I have resorted again to listening to “City Pop 80’s Japan” muzak just to stay sane. But, as the meme goes, I am now having visions of memories of a time and place I wasn’t in as a consequence.
- I feel like I’m no longer just watching my dreams from a third-person point of view. I now enact them as they happen. Solipsism resurfaces.